Monday, November 7, 2011

Fundraising 101

In order to work with the New Life School, it will be necessary to raise a full salary for at least the 2.5 years that I have committed to work there. Before I even decided to work in Guatemala, one of the volunteers at the school, Amy, recommended a book to me called Funding your Ministry. It not only gives practical ideas on how to fundraise effectively, it also provides a Biblical rationale to fundraising along with an extensive Bible study that shows how people throughout Scripture were funded for specific ministries. It has opened my eyes to how God looks at fundraising and giving. Fundraising is not just about you asking people for money, but it is about Christians giving to God and missionaries receiving those gifts from God. This has given me a new perspective on raising the money I need for this ministry that God has called me. I have been praying for God to show me the people whom he wants to use to join me in this ministry, and it has been amazing so far to see how he has worked. I continue to pray that God guide me to the people whom he has called in this effort. I am currently speaking to several churches and am also seeking the support of individuals.
If you are interested in joining me in any way on this journey, this is what I ask of you:
 
1.First and most importantly, I ask that you join me in prayer to petition God for his guidance, protection, and provision in my life 
2.If you know of churches or individuals who would be willing to meet with me, please email me at jenngiese82@gmail.com 
3.If God has put on your heart to support me in any way, please provide your information above to be added to the newsletter
Thank you so much!!! 
Blessings, Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment